Monday, June 20, 2011

Incoming Reflection

To start out, no one really knows exactly what to expect out of a University required class.. it does not always sound like a ball of fun if everyone has to take it. By going over the syllabus, the requirements for the class is not going to bad. To me it seems like a combination of the writing portion of a Composition class mixed with one one of FGCU science classes, Biology of SW Florida. Field trips are always fun because of the different aspects of Florida's nature that you observe, and journals help you keep everything logged from drawings to photographs and just easily bulleted notes.

I think Colloquium could be quite an interesting class providing us more insight into the area we reside. With previously taking a similar class, I have learned about different bugs, flowers, trees and other small creatures that reside in Southwest Florida. In my past biology class we were also shown which of these natural elements are native to the area and which have been brought down here. Though I have taken similar field trips, I am not a very big nature person. I do not mind being out in the forest, but I think I am more terrified on what kind of bugs we are going to find. Especially during the rainy summer season Florida is known for, I am constantly getting attacked by mosquitoes.. plus there could be some other poisonous bugs or snakes.

Within this class I am most looking forward to the service learning part of the class. I have always enjoyed volunteering and helping out different agencies. I am anxious to see how I will be able to connect my enjoyment for service learning with an environmental project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment