Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Estero Bay and Matanzas Preserve Pass

I thoroughly enjoyed the historic cottage down by Fort Myers Beach, instead of the "walk" through the Preserve Pass. The lady that was giving the talk was so interesting, she kept me intrigued. Growing up in this area the history of the area gave me a bigger anchor to the area. She had little interesting stories that kept me drawn into the bigger picture. The little story that she told about the kid thinking she was doing the Macarena while she was swatting at mosquitos was really cute.

The walk however, was not fun. To load ourselves down with mosquito spray was not fun in the slightest. That is one of the problems that we face while living in Florida and attempting to spend time outside during the summer/rainy season. Needless to say I was wearing sandals, so trying to move through the boardwalk at a fast pace was not easy when it was slippery in some areas. Swatting at different parts of my body while moving vastly through made it difficult to pay attention. To be honest, I don't think I really heard anything of what the professor was saying. I have visited mangroves before on another side of the Bay so I was familiar with them, but besides that I didn't learn anything else besides how vicious the mosquitoes could be that are hiding out in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment